Although evaluation takes time and resources, it is typically worth the effort. Benefits can include:
- Increased efficiency: Evaluation can identify organizational best practices as well as underperforming programs.
- Greater client satisfaction: Surveying clients can often identify small changes that will make a big difference
- Satisfying funders: Some funders require evaluation, but all will appreciate the new information and commitment to self-improvement
- Better decision-making: Current, detailed data provides management with the information necessary to make good decisions
- Greater chance of achieving organizational goals: Just as regular weigh-ins help keep a dieter on track, periodic assessments can ensure a nonprofit is continuing to move towards mission fulfillment.